Low Fell Running Club is a small and friendly running club based in Gateshead, catering for all age groups, from Junior Under 11 's, up to Veterans. The club meets every Tuesday and Thursday evening at The Low Fell Cricket Club at 6.50pm, when we usually run in a number of groups. Members of the club compete in local and national road, cross country and fell races.
Low Fell Cricket Club, Eastwood Gardens, Low Fell, Gateshead, NE9 5UB
Monday: Ladies beginners group (including veterans) - Meet at 6.15pm at Low Fell Cricket Club, all abilities welcome.
Tuesday: Speed training – Meet at 6.50pm at Low Fell Cricket Club, different groups are led by a qualified coach.
Thursday: General club run - Meet at 6.50pm at Low Fell Cricket Club, different groups are led by a qualified coach.
Friday: Junior training (under 16) – Meet at 6.00pm at Saltwell Park bandstand.
Annual club fees:
Senior Athlete joining fee: £30.00 January to September and £23.00 if joining October to December (all Subscriptions will be reviewed and renewed in April)
Under 16 joining fee: £20 per year
Senior Membership: Online Membership form is available HERE and a downloadable copy available from the right handside of this page.
Junior Athlete Membership: Please see the Junior Athletes Page HERE. Paper copies of the form are available at the coaching sessions.
Second Claim Athlete Membership: Online form is available HERE.
- When you register with the club, you will receive a UK Athletics number and will become an affiliated athlete. You can use this number when entering a variety of races.
- The club also welcomes second claim athletes. Please read the ‘Second Claim Club Policy’ from the policies website page and contact the secretary.
- The club has an annual male and female ‘Grand Prix.’ A number of local races are included, it offers club members an opportunity to gather points, and the winner with the most points is announced at the club’s AGM – Please see the club wesbite for current standings and further information.
- Some of the ‘big races’ which club members take part in, each year are: The Great North Run, The Blaydon Race, The Gibside Trail Race, The Pier 2 Pier Race, Saltwell 10k, Tynedale 10 mile Race, Northern and National Cross Country Championships, Northern 12 man and 6 women relay race and The London Marathon.
- The club also participates in the local Cross Country League, known as The North East Harrier League. There are 6 fixtures and we are able to field strong men, womens and junior teams on a regular basis. Furhter information about the league can be found here: N.E.H.L WEBSITE
- If you would like any further information on any of the above races, or any others, please speak to a committee member.
- Club vests are available from Clare Magrath for £17.
Chairman: Alan Elders
Treasurer: Richard Conder
Secretary: Clare Magrath
Welfare Officers: Neil Morris/Clare Magrath
Other committee members: Neil Kavanagh, Garry Patterson, Keith Pearson, Mike Stacey, Wendy Lynch, Catherine Tucker, Richard Conder, Steve Irish, Chris Atthey.
Qualified club coaches and assistants: Bill Doidge, Alan Elders, Lesley Johnson, Craig Lamb, Gordon Long, Garry Patterson, Catherine Tucker, David Wright, John Stephens, Kelly Cook, Steve Irish, Gavin Dowd, Richard Conder, Danny Wade, Clare Magrath.