Club Training Schedule:
Current training schedule available from our Club Calendar.
Training advice to members:
Short, easy runs (~3miles) other 3 days with one or two days off. Can take 3 days off and adjust to run every other day as suits time and / or motivation.
15mins conditioning after run on 1 or 2 of recovery days or rest days, can include selection from:
● Core work - e.g. plank (1min hold), press-ups (15-20)
● Upper limb - e.g. light dumbells (2Kg) running action or punches (x60), cliniband / dumbells biceps / triceps work x 15
● Lower limb - e.g. forward lunges, backward lunges, side lunges (x20)
● Phasic abdominal work - e.g. sit ups (can add weight if wish and if able) straight and with turn to left and right (x20)
● Core / hip abductor work - either clams in alternate side lying with cliniband (x15 each side) or standing with cliniband just above knees - walk forward and back with stretch maintained on cliniband (should feel abductors - muscles at side of hips - working, rather than flexors - front of hips)
● Standing balance / core work; balance on one leg, x15 (each leg) running action with free leg and arm. Can add light weights (start 1Kg) held in hands
● Stretches / roller work
Just select an activity from each (x7), run cycles of exercises for around the 15mins
If you would normally do drills on a Tuesday, try to keep this going at least one or twice a week - drills are a valuable (and very functional) form of strength and conditioning - build power, form, balance and co-ordination.
Club Kit order Form:
Follow this link to order either hoodie or hat Online Order Form
Please see race results here: North East Races
Club Grand Prix:
Fixtures, results and rules available from 'downloads section' on this page.
North East Harrier League:
You can find the latest information about the North East Harrier League by visiting their website. Click Here
LFRC Award Winners:
2019: LFRC Award Winners 2019
Committee Meeting Minutes:
The committee meets every 4-6 weeks to discuss matters arising in the club. Please speak to a committee member with any item you would like to be discussed at a future meeting. Click here for meeting notes